Tomato Olive Quiche
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 40 min
Total Time: 70 min
Serves: 8 Servings
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Unroll pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil.
- Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper.
- Add tomato slices, a few at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook tomatoes in oil for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and cream; stir in cheddar cheese. Sprinkle olives and onions into crust; top with two slices of provolone cheese.
- Layer with tomatoes and remaining provolone. Pour egg mixture over the top.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.